Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC/LWAPPs/IAS AAA error.

simonbaumann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I got a WLC4404 running software version 5.1.151.0 with 40 LWAPPs (mostly 1242AG). We got new Dell Latitude E6500 Laptops with Intel 5100 NICs. After upgrading the bios to the latest version and installing the latest wlan driver, wireless is working the most time.

After about 4 reboots I see the following message in the WLCs logfile: "Thu Sep 18 13:53:10 2008 AAA Authentication Failure for UserName:host/hostname.domain.name User Type: WLAN USER".

After I disable the wlan-card, it's working again. Could someone interpret this message or has an solution?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

On the client side, make sure you don't check validate machine. That should do it.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is a normal failure error when a user is not found in either the radius or the database the user is in. Is the wlan driver you used the recommended driver by the laptop manufacturer or is it the latest driver by the card manufacturer? You should follow the laptop manufacturer's recommended version. If you have more issues now with the driver version, then I would recommend you install the previous driver.

-Scott

I've went back to the orginal Dell Driver, but it's the same as Intel. So, what I assume: maybe it's a problem with the enabled fast raoming in the client settings?

My log from the IAS shows the following error: 65 = IAS_DIALIN_DISABLED. Hmm, the policy allows the dialin. Someone got an idea where to fix it?

I think I've got an idea where the error comes from: the affected maschines try to authenticate using its computer account, not the user account. Hmm...

On the client side, make sure you don't check validate machine. That should do it.

-Scott

Thanks, fella5! It's working now. Could you explain that setting to me? The clients get the certificate via GP, so I don't understand that error.

Where is that option (validate machine) in windows 7??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card