cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC not passing traffic for Apps

Ronald Steadman
Level 1
Level 1

We have installed a WLC with 5 access points.  Those APs broadcast 3 VLANs on different Subnets.  We are having an issue where one of those subnets is assigning IP addresses to devices over wired and wireless connections.  We are able to ping between those devices, but certain traffic is being blocked, such as visability between our digital mixing consoles and their respective IPAD controlling apps. 

I don't know how to look through this issue.  Any help would be awesome!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Good to answer your question :)

I have encountered an issue with one client ( a bit different) and wanted to suggest you to enable multicast and broadcast. If you google youll find a doc for wlc config for apple devices. That was very useful u can chech it.

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Generally this happens when ever you try to 'bridge' traffic from the wire to the wireless. 

Try this:

config network mgmt-via-dynamic-interface enable. 

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

That didn't work for any of the three apps.  It is interesting to me that this doesn't work with any of these three apps for three different types of network traffic.  Thanks, though, for the response!  I appreciate the help.

Ronald Steadman
Level 1
Level 1

Well.  I have never posted an answer to my own question. But after some research and getting wireshark involved, we found the steps to resolve our issue.  For clarity, this issue was related to the following devices and their respective APPs:

• Yamaha M7CL-48
  • Presonus 16.4.2 and 24.4.2 with Universal Control and Qmix
  • ProPresenter 5 Remote Control and Remote Stage Display

In order to get these apps to work, we had to enable MultiCasting with an IP address, as well as enabling broadcasting traffic.  I hope that helps others as much as it helped me.

Good to answer your question :)

I have encountered an issue with one client ( a bit different) and wanted to suggest you to enable multicast and broadcast. If you google youll find a doc for wlc config for apple devices. That was very useful u can chech it.

That did fix one of the issues, but enabling broadcast traffic solved the other one.

Thanks!

Thanks Ronald.

My issue was that  broadcast is enabled but not working! After about 6 months of troubleshooting we found that enabling broadcast does not work until u enable multicast as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card