Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

apu

WLC per campus?

We are looking to upgrade from autonomous access points to lightweight access points and, in the process, greatly expand the portions of our two campuses covered by the WLAN.

Two campuses, currently with one T1 between them (soon to be two), all part of the same Active Directory structure. Users on the second, branch campus have their own Exchange server and file servers, but rely on the main campus for internal web services & Internet access.

Can I deploy redundant WLCs on the main campus and manage the APs on both campuses with them? Or do I need controllers for each campus separately? (Figuring about 10-20 APs on the branch campus and 30+ on the main campus)

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WLC per campus?

Since you have about 50 access point, you probobly should get 2 4402-50 WLC's. This way you can have one at each site using the other WLC as a backup. I don't know how much bandwidth you will be using if you are planning on going accross the T1's. I would put one on each campus.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies