Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Syslog error message

weymannpe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I get a lot of the following syslog error messages from 3 of my 4 WLCs (two WiSMs).

Error message:

ethoip.c:342 ETHOIP-3-PKT_RECV_ERROR

I searched at cisco.com and I found the information to use the bug toolkit or open a tac case, but I didn't find a bug or any further information related to that problem.

I can not even recognize any differences in the WLC configs - for centralize configuration I use an WCS.

WiSM Software version: 5.0.148.0

WCS Software vesion: 5.0.56.0

Does anyone of you had the same problem?

Thank you for all information!

Best regards

Peter

2 Replies 2

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

I am assuming you are connecting to an external anchor controller. Ethernet over IP is only supported on controllers running the same versions of code. Make sure you WLAN controllers and anchor controllers have the same version of code on them. This should resolve the problem.

Hi dennischolmes,

after your post I checked the mobility group configuration on all four controllers, and indeed, there was a inconsitency in the configuration. The WCS couldn't see the mismatch, because the settings between the WCS and the controllers were the same. As I looked on the controllers web pages i saw, that different mobility group memebers with various mobility group names were configured on every single controller, maybe caused by applying a new controller template, where i changed the mobility group name.

I started from scratch configuring the mobility groups and the syslog error messages were stopping.

Thank you very much!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card