Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WLC to ISE authentication for Guest

Hi Experts,

Hope if you could guide me with our setup for Guest users. Below is what we are doing

a)     Guest connects to SSID

b)     WLC is being used to redirect Guest HTTP to WLC internal Portal

c)     WLC forwards guest authentication details to cisco ISE [ISE and WLC radius]

The guest connects to SSID and does get WLC portal for authentication, when the username and password entered on Cisco ISE i see error message as

'User Identity not found in any of Identity Store' though it is going through correct Store and the Guest name is certainly configured on Cisco ISE. ISE version is 1.2 and WLC is 7.4, please let me know if i am missing anything here.

Appreciate your help

• Security and Network Management
2 REPLIES
Bronze

The first method is local web authentication. In this case, the WLC redirects the HTTP traffic to an internal or external server where the user is prompted to authenticate. The WLC then fetches the credentials (sent back via an HTTP GET request in the case of external server) and makes a RADIUS authentication. In the case of a guest user, an external server (such as Identity Services Engine (ISE) or NAC Guest Server (NGS)) is required as the portal provides features such as device registering and self-provisioning. The flow includes these steps:

Please follow below guide for step by step configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11640/products_configuration_example09186a0080bead09.shtml

Silver

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.