Helpful
Replies

WLC Upgrade and Backup

joel.balfour
Level 1
Level 1

Hello;

Can anyone ponit me in the right direction as to the following;

1. I need to backup the running-config from the WLC but i cannot find how to see what the name of the file is on the WLC. Its Version 6.x

2. When I upgrade to Version 7.x from 6.x do I need to upgrade both the flash and the bootloader?  Where can I find both these files?

Thanks

JRB

1 Reply 1

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Joel,

Can anyone ponit me in the right direction as to the following;

1. I need to backup the running-config from the WLC but i cannot find how to see what the name of the file is on the WLC. Its Version 6.x

- From the controller click on Managment> Upload>

- From the Upload from controller option select Configuration and fill out the TFTP information and the desired path and filename. Then click start

2. When I upgrade to Version 7.x from 6.x do I need to upgrade both the flash and the bootloader?  Where can I find both these files?

- You will need to have either valid warranty or a support contract with Cisco, if so follow these instructions.

- http://www.cisco.com Click on Support

-  Click on Download Software, Then Wireless, Then Wireless Lan Controllers, Then select your type of controller and there you will find the firmware files you need. (you maybe prompted at any point in this sequence to login.)

Hope this helps.. Please rate useful posts.

Thanks,

Kayle

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card