cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC upgrade to 4.1.171.0

j.windle
Level 1
Level 1

I have upgraded our WLC 4404 to new version 4.1.171.0, since the upgrade the table showing the number of clients connected does not decrease when a client disconnects from the associated AP. Is this a BUG?, this worked OK with version 4.0

5 Replies 5

Hi there,

do the clients get removed if you manually click to remove them? i have just upgraded to the latest 4.1.171.0 ER version and all seems ok.

What is there status and does it show them as authenticated?

give it a try and post back

Mark

Hi Mark,

The clients do not get removed when you click the manually remove, and the authentication shows 'No', and the Status shows 'Associated', even when the client laptop is disconnected and power off. We are using WEB authentication with upgraded AP1200 to LWAP. We have two WLC 4404 and is happening on both, I have to reboot the WLC to clear the table. Just made a test connection with an AP1020 and seems to work OK, looks like it might be a legacy problem.

Hi there,

yes it sounds like a legacy problem with the upgraded AP1200. Do you have any other AP's that you can try it with. I have just tried an upgraded AP1242 it is worked fine.

Also set up another quick wlan with a different authentication type and try that with the AP1200. that way we might be able to narrow it down to WEB authentication.

Check and post back

Mark

I noticed when downloading 4.1.171.0 that there was that ER (Emergency Release) version you spoke about. What was so wrong with 4.1.171.0 that needed an emergency release?

Also, is this the first of the long awaited 4.1 code?

Yes this is the 4.1 code

Cisco says-

Due to some critical enhancements that were made to the bootloader software for the Cisco WiSM, Catalyst 3750G Wireless LAN Controller Switch, and 4400 series controllers, you must install the Cisco Unified Wireless Network Controller Boot Software 4.1.171.0 _ER.aes image either before or after installing the 4.1.171.0 .aes file.

Cheers

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card