cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC4402

NC16390371
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any experience configuring the WLC4402 for highavailability ? Is there some documentation around this topic.

2 Replies 2

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

Are you referring to configuring WLCs for redundancy. This is possible with mobility groups. A set of controllers can be configured as a mobility group to allow seamless client roaming within a group of controllers. By creating a mobility group, you can enable multiple controllers in a network to dynamically share information and forward data traffic when inter-controller or inter-subnet roaming occurs. Controllers can share the context and state of client devices and controller loading information. With this information, the network can support inter-controller wireless LAN roaming and controller redundancy. For more information on this read http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6305/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00806b7277.html#wp1098647

Hi Thomas,

I have followed the example in your post and configured two WLCs to be in the same Mobility Group. I configured half of the access points to use the first WLC as primary and the second WLC as secondary. Then the other have be configured the opposite way. If one WLC is rebooted, all Access Points register with the one WLC. When the rebooted WLC back up, I expected that those Access Points that have primary pointing to the rebooted WLC automatically switch back to it.

This does not happen in our test. The Cisco documentation stated that it should happen if two WLC in the same Mobility group.

When look at the Mobility Statistics in WLC,

Handoff Requests Received 34

Handoff Requests Ignored 34

Any reason why this be ignored??

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card