Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WLSE 2.5 and Aironet 1200 G APs

My VAR recommended that I buy the WLSE 2.5 to manage the 802.11g APs we just installed. AS i was setting the WLSE up I noticed that it is setup to handle a/b but not g. There are no templates for g, the radio manager doesn't work with anything but b. My question is does the WLSE manage .g APs? Did I spend 7K on a useless piece of equipment?

6 REPLIES

Re: WLSE 2.5 and Aironet 1200 G APs

I found the same thing the hard way.

According to my Cisco SE version 2.7 due at the end of this month will support G

Thanks for the info.. That's good news for the VAR because they were going to get this thing back and loose a customer in the process.

2.7 is now on CCO....since Friday.

Don

Thanks, I'll check it out and see if makes this unit usefull to me.

No problem,

I was in the same boat. I upgraded to 2.7 with no problems this morning. I also noticed you can import the new IOS image (122-15) from CCO, but I do not see it available on CCO yet.

Make sure you read the release notes for 122-15 because you cannot upgrade to that verison using the web based interface. I did upgrade through SNMP using the WLSE on one of my AP's this morning...

Don

Cool.. sounds like my VAR owes you some commission

Views
Helpful
Replies