Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

WLSE 2.5- Radio Manager Tools- usable in non-LEAP networks?

I'm working with the new WLSE 2.5, and was quite pumped to start playing with all the new tools under the Radio Manager section of the tool. The wind is starting to leave my sails, unfortunately. I'm just getting into this, but it looks like these tools (rogue detection, assisted site surveys, radio scans, interference detection, etc) all require that Wireless Domain Service (WDS) be used in 100% LEAP environment? Asked another way- we are not and will not be a LEAP environment and use no RADIUS servers, can we still benefit from these tools? All literature that I can find so far assumes LEAP is present when using these new tools...

5 REPLIES

Re: WLSE 2.5- Radio Manager Tools- usable in non-LEAP networks?

I am puzzling over this as well. I think the AP's authenticate with each other and the wlse and they use the WDS infrastructure to do that. You might want to take a look at this Roaming doc which has info on WDS:

//www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/witc/ao1200ap/prodlit/cifsr_rf.pdf

If I get any more config info, I'll post.

bernie

ok, I'm back.

add a radius user account for the wifi equipment, say WifiEquip with a password

on each subnet you need at least one wds defined thus:

--cut and fill in appropriately--

aaa authentication login wlccp_infra group radius

wlccp ap username WifiEquip password 0 {password}

wlccp authentication-server infrastructure wlccp_infra

wlccp authentication-server client any wlccp_infra group radius

wlccp wds priority {priority} interface BVI1

wlccp wnm ip address ip_address_of_wlse2.5

---cut here---

client wds's only need this:

--cut/configure---

wlccp ap username WifiEquip password 0 {password}

wlccp wnm ip address ip_address_of_wlse2.5

--cut/configure---

now, I'll work on getting the radio-scan to work...

hope this makes some sense...

bernie

Actually, I worked with Cisco support. To answer my own questions- this is easy to set up, although the documentation I've seen publicly available doesn't make it seem so. The WLSE 2.5 with proper firmware IOS 350 and 1200s does wildly cool management and radio analysis, and I'm happier than the proverbial pig in Cabletron right now.

lbadman, could you possibly summarize the tasks you needed to do? i will agree that the cisco docs make it seem very complex. i have seen numerous wireless issues that have a 100 page pdf and all you need is 3 commands to achieve the end result.

thanks

If you do not use ACS- which I do not- a 1200 is capable of functioning as a WDS server. Get over 50 APs going on a subnet,and you'd want the WDS server AP to be dedicated to that task- turn the radio down or shield it, or whatever... The WDS server AP is used as local radius server for APs to talk through it to the WLSE for collection of radio data for all the new stuff that's in radio manager. For specifics- work with CCO or give me a call.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content