cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE 2.5 Radio Scanning jobs keep failing

richard-hughes
Level 1
Level 1

I've installed the latest and greatest WLSE 2.5 and am starting to upgrade our 340 AP's to 1210's running 12.2(13)JA.

350 Series Clients running ACU 6.2 are associated and key management is CCKM allowing Fast Roaming. The "Enable Radio Management Support" checkbox is selected within the "Advanced Infrastructure" box.

I'm getting the following error when trying to run an radio Scan in WLSE:

"ERROR: Aborting execution of AP Scanning task because there are no applicable Radio Interfaces that can participate.".

The AP's are using WDS with all the 1200's pointing to the WLSE for WNM. One AP is the primary WDS with "State:Administratively StandAlone - ACTIVE". It knows about the other 1200's and the Mobile Nodes.

The "show wlccp wnm status" command shows - "SECURITY KEYS SETUP" not "AUTHENTICATED". Could this be the problem?

I have checked that a valid LEAP username and password has been configured on the AP's.

What am I missing????

7 Replies 7

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

In the Radio Scan Job that you created, are the APs that you selected all running 12.2(13)JA?. If not, then you'll see this error message, "ERROR: Aborting execution of AP Scanning task because there are no applicable Radio Interfaces that can participate"

I can confirm that all AP's that I'm involving in the scan are running 12.2(13)JA.

Make sure the WLSE recognizes these as running IOS 12.2(13)JA. You may have to delete and rediscover them. Verify SNMP strings, telnet access.

Did you upgrade the APs to IOS via the WLSE or using the standalone tool? Or are these factory-IOS?

BTW, what are you using for your WEP cipher type and authentication mode? I have the same setup and can run radio scans and walkabouts, Location Manager displays, etc. but cannot get clients to associate using cckm fast-roaming profile with 6.2 ACU. I have to set the WLSE upgraded IOS 1210s authentication mode to cckm optional, which allows associations but client status shows fast-roaming=none. Thanks.

I too had problems doing CCKM. You need to use CKIP-CMIC. I tried TKIP wep128 and it wouldn't have it at all!.

I'll have a go at re-discovering the AP's.

The AP's were running 12.2(11)JA and I used the WLSE to upgrade them to 12.2(13)JA.

Thanks Richard,

That's what the TAC is telling me as well. Not the best news for a mixed card envrionment with Aironet extensions disbaled (hopefully the CCX program will include this support, but I doubt it since WPA is the competing standard). I have since got it to work using the all-propietary config, and no WEP keys (CKIP takes care of this I assume)!

bmcmurdo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The WLSE has to LEAP authenticate to the WDS.

The WLSE's LEAP credentials are entered on the WLSE in Devices -->Discover --> Device Credentials --> WLCCP Credentials

Add a username and password for the WLSE here, and in the RADIUS server, and see if that helps.

rajudatla
Level 1
Level 1

This error means: "WLSE2.5 could not find any 802.11b interfaces that are UP, and are registerd with a WDS (and WDS has to be managed by the WLSE)."

Your WLSE's authentication status with WDS

seems to be ok. "SECURITY KEYS SETUP" does indicate that LEAP credentials are fine.

Make sure that WLSE sees all the necessary 802.11b interfaces (Use Reports page). Also WLSE needs to know that APs are correctly registered with WDS.

Verify that in WDS reports page. Usually, running inventory on APs will help.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card