Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE Error

Level 1
Level 1

I am running WLSE 2.11. I just installed a 12.42ag series WAP as a WDS device, assuming it would work without double checking. RRRRrrr, I never do that, but lately I've had more work then I can deal with. We've been using the 1231. Anyways, when I perform a discovery, WLSE reports the 1242ag series WAP as an unsupported device. Can I do anything about this or do I have to go back to the 1231?

4 Replies 4

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Check the Download | Wireless page. Cisco "occasionally" comes out with device support updates that may include your 1242.

If that's the case, that'll save you from having to do a firmware update/replacement on the WLSE, which I believe would be your only other option.

Good Luck

Scott

ctmcse
Level 1
Level 1

The 1242 should be supported - ensure that your SNMP object identifier is 'iso' else the WLSE cannot manage the device. HTH

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Using the SNMP query tool under Admin->Connectivity Tools, what do the sysObjectId for this AP come back with?

markgreenwood
Level 1
Level 1

You need to upgrade to 2.12 or 2.13 of the WLSE software to get support for the newer AP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card