Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLSE Express, AP's and WDS

I have just put in 1231 access points using a variety of Radius servers to authenticate wireless clients usins EAP, one for each SSID actually. One of the Radius servers is the AAA server on the WLSE express. Now i want to get WDS working, but I am getting confused when it comes to authenticating the WDS. I have started to setup one of the AP's as WDS, and its current state is Administratively Stand-alone - Active. What does this mean ? i would like to use the WLSE Express to authenticate all the other AP's to the WDs. Is that possible, or should I use the local radius server on the WDS AP ?

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: WLSE Express, AP's and WDS

Administratively Standalone - Active defines that this is the active WDS in WDS domain.

Active, backup, or candidate. If the state is backup, the command (show wlccp wds) also displays the current WDS access point's IP address, MAC address, and priority.

You can configure the WLSE 1030 internal AAA server to authenticate infrastructure APs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/cscowork/ps3915/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008052dbfd.html

Re: WLSE Express, AP's and WDS

Thanks.

I have been successful in getting the Infrastructure AP's to authenticate to the WDS AP. Their status is "registered". However, it appears that as soon as I do this, I lose the ability to authenticate my wireless clients via MS-PEAP. Previously all the AP's could authenticate clients via 4 separate Radius servers (one for each SSID).

I assume the loss of authentication stems from all the infrastructure AP's talking to the WDS for authentication. I have also tried to authenticate clients via the WDS AP and this has failed as well.

Suggestions ?

Views
Helpful
Replies