cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE Firmware Job Schedule

pallette
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to schedule firmware update via the wlse. I imported firmware images for AP340 and AP1200 from Cisco.com. When I try to validate the scheduled job, a report shows the image is not recognized, which in turn causes the job to fail. I have verified the file that was imported is the correct one. Has anyone experienced this problem

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Is this WLSE 1.3?. What firmware version are you trying to update?. Is the firmware version same for both 340 and 1200?. If so what is it?

Yes, this WLSE is 1.3. I am trying to update the system firmware. The firmware version is the same for both. 12.01T

I was able to successfully update the ap system firmware from 11.21 to 11.23t, but when I try to update to 12.01T it fails b/c the firmware is not recognized when trying to validate the job.

12.01T does not appear in the list of supported versions as it came out after the WLSE 1.3 release. But, you can still push configurations or do any firmware upgrades/downgrades, by disabling version checking for the respective modules. This should allow both configuration and firmware modules to function with the newer 12.01T version.

For firmware upgrades, you can still run this job by checking the box that reads 'Ignore warnigs' and do NOT validate the Job. Just click on Save and it run it.

I'm trying to update firmware 12.02T1 using the WLSE 1.3 and I get the same failures even when you tell it to ignore the warnings . Any other things i can check to make this work . Seems like a bad system if the the WLSE has to be updated every time the AP firmware is updated to newer versions .

Are yo also Validating the job?. If so, then don't Validate it, just Save and Run the Job.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card