cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE, pages of "faults"

lbadman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a demo WLSE that I upgraded from 1.1 to 1.3. For the many switches it discovered along with APs, it is declaring for each of them : "Switch memory utilization is Degraded (66%)" -or some other percent. Is this a glitch? Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas? These are switches (2900s and 3500s, and 6509) that connect to core at 100 MB full duplex, and use dot1q trunk to supply clan trunking to switch, where the AP is on a VLAN and the rest of the connections are on another- 2 vlans total, all unneeded VLANs have been cleared from trunk.

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

It's not a glitch. If Faults->Manage Profiles->Switch->Memory Utilization is enabled and depending upon the Poll Interval and Settings, WLSE will monitor the switch and show these Faults. If you do not want to see these faults, simply disable them.

Thanks- but that part I get. My concern is why would all of tthese switches that seemingly have no other issues have these errors through WLSE only? If the errors are valid, then every switch I have connnected to an AP is sick, I guess. What does "degraded" mean in this case, and why does it only manifest itself through WLSE, and not through CiscoWorks or tools like Dashboard?

Contact TAC to have your switch configs and hardware checked narrow down this issue. Only DFM in CW2K does Fault Management, what other Dashboard are you referring to?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: