Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

WLSE pain in the ass

Hi there.

I´m having a big headache with WLSE, I have already read all the cisco documentation about this device, really don´t know if I´m done something wrong but when I try to create a template and then save it, it show the screen where you can select save the new template or save and apply to the devices this device just don’t do nothing, then I see the templates and only show the same as before of my try to create another one.

Could it be a mistake by my or just a bug on the device.

The WLSE is the 1030 with software 2.13

I really appreciate some help

Atte: Christian Pinal Maldondo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: WLSE pain in the ass

LOL ... sorry just stopping by to comment on your subject line "WLSE pain in the ass" ....

TELL ME ABOUT IT!

I tryied to run and hide when ours had issues !

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

LOL ... sorry just stopping by to comment on your subject line "WLSE pain in the ass" ....

TELL ME ABOUT IT!

I tryied to run and hide when ours had issues !

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Whenever you configure a WLSE you must wear lucky pruple underpants and it must be raining, if either of these conditions is not met then you are doomed to fail.

Community Member

Both of you are totally right this box should be disappeared

Community Member

Or transform it into a WCS (model dependant of course), that's what I done with our WLSE.

Cheers

Scott

Community Member

You are right, this box is just a headache, fortunately someone will bring me another box, same model and same software version. So I think this could help me to probe this device just s…cks

Community Member

The main pain I have had with the WLSE is getting a WDS to authenticate to it.  I have found that if I use an AP as the radius souce instead of ACS, it helps.... have no idea why.   Other than that, I am almost done converting everything to lightweight so I will be pulling the WLSE out of production hopefully soon.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content