Helpful
Replies

WLSE states no measurement report received on AP scan

rfadminfso
Level 1
Level 1

I have a netwok with 1240's with fw 123-8ja2 WLSE:2.13

30 AP's

All AP's are registred to the WDS. The WLSE properly authenticated to the WDS (setting registry keys). All AP's are managed by the WLSE. Radio management is switched on on all AP's.

When I do a AP radio scan (or walkabout) i get "no measurement report received". from every AP in that scan on almost every power step. Sometimes, a Power step completes OK.

Has anyone seen this before, and what is causing this?

I've added a screenshot of the WLSE

9 Replies 9

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

You are for sure hitting a bug here. The bug-Id is:CSCee56638

Hi,

I have got the same problem, during radio-scan I have got following messages:

ERROR: Timeout waiting for measurement reports from participating AP interfaces

INFO: No measurement report received from radio interface 00-17-df-35-ca-f0

with WLSE version 2.13 and AIR-AP1242AG-E-K9 version 12.3(8)JA2; i.e. version, where the problem, described in CSCee56638 should be fixed already?

Cannot be the problem in the WAN between the WLSE and the AP's? Does any setting exists to take into account WAN delay and packet losses?

Best regards

Hi,

It seems like it's got to do with network. Because I rebuild the situation in our office on a relatively small/flat network. Using the same configuations on the AP's.

I didn't find any problemen regarding the measurement reports or what so ever. The customers lan is relatively big and complex.

Regards

I don't think this bug is the issue, because it's already fixed in version 12.3(2)JA.

thanks for the effort

I?ve got the same problem: same devices, same firmwares and same errors.

For a test, I?ve put the WLSE and a 1242 AP on a hub and I did a ?radio scan? on that AP. I still got the error of no report received. So I think it?s not a network problem.

Have somebody an idea?

Got the same problem but using 1231 AP with WLSE 2.13.1.

I also tested it now with just selecting 3 APs for the scan, but I didn't recieve a single reply.

I guess there has to be some bug.

Still having the same problem :(

Any new ideas?

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

News :)

Cisco released IOS 12.3-8JEA1 which has the following in the release notes:

CSCsg91315?WDS do return reportS to WLSE without problems

And this bug is:

Symptom:During a WLSE radio scan, Infrastructure APs will fail internittently; sometimes not sending appropriate reports to the WLSE from the WDS. When the reports are missing, the WLSE is unable to complete the task and WLSE fails the job.

Conditions:AP 1100 series, 12.3(8)JEA code, WLSE 2.13

Workaround:Deleting the device from WLSE inventory and rediscovering makes the job run successfully, but only temporarily; after a period of time (less than a day) the jobs will begin failing again.

Further Problem Description:When the AP addresses are hashed in memory, some addresses hash to the same value. When two APs have the same hash vallue, one of them is dropped. This also affects the ability to run Assisted Config jobs.

I'm not shure if this really fixes it, but it sounds good at least :)

Anybody going to try out?

Sadly the current WSLE doesn't show this image as supported :(

-

Patrick

Good news!

I updated my WDS and the WLSE is recieving the data again!

I can advise you to install the update :)

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card