Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WLSE Support for multiple VLANs

I am looking at using the WLSE to manage about 15 1100 and 1200 APs. These APs are on varying VLANs on my network. I am looking at having "public" and "corporate" SSIDs on each AP. Will I be able to manage all of these APs and SSIDs across multiple VLANs from this single device?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: WLSE Support for multiple VLANs

Hi Mark,

The WLSE will be perfect for this set up. We used WLSE for a few years successfully before switching recently to LWAPP. Here is a good excerpt from a Cisco WLSE overview doc;

VLAN configuration---VLANs on access points may be configured and monitored, allowing differentiation of LAN policies and services, such as security and quality of service, for different users on enterprise and public-access VLANs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3915/products_data_sheet0900aecd80283058.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: WLSE Support for multiple VLANs

Hi Mark,

The WLSE will be perfect for this set up. We used WLSE for a few years successfully before switching recently to LWAPP. Here is a good excerpt from a Cisco WLSE overview doc;

VLAN configuration---VLANs on access points may be configured and monitored, allowing differentiation of LAN policies and services, such as security and quality of service, for different users on enterprise and public-access VLANs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3915/products_data_sheet0900aecd80283058.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Views
Helpful
Replies