Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE support of Novell LDAP server NDS

loudo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

It seems that WLSE (tested with 2.12) generates LDAP search packets that are not compatible with Nortel LDAP server called NDS.

NDS is not designed to give the Userpassword in a reply of a ldap search as it is requested by the WLSE.

I did not found on CCO a document that describes the LDAP servers supported by WLSE.

Does anybody know what LDAP servers are supported by WLSE (2.12) and if NDS is supported?

I attach logs on WLSE + sniffer trace where we can see teh ldap search from teh WLSE and the reply from NDS (not contating the UserPassword value).

--

Many thanks for your help.

Regards/Ludovic.

5 Replies 5

loudo
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for the confusion: Replace Nortel by Novell!!!

NDS is the NOVELL LDAP Server.

Thanks for your help.

Are you trying to do user authentication with the Novell LDAP using the WLSE, or are you trying to get the traps from it? User authentication will require a Cisco ACS (or another security server) to talk to the Novell NDS. Please explain what you want to accomplish.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes the purpose was to authenticate user based on the Novell LDAP server database custoemr is already using.

Based on your previous reply, user Authentication on WLSE requires ACS. No LDAP server can be used for this?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards/Ludovic.

cpinal
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem with WLSE express 2.12 version, i have been trying to authenticate users against lotus LDAP server with not success, after make some test, i found that if y send the password in clear text the test passed but if i specify any other option that was not clear text or md5 the test was not success, so i think this device not support encryptation, I open a case and effectively they said that i was not supported but not give me the reason

LDAP, does not support CHAP/CHAPV2, you need to use PAP, to send the username/password to the LDAP server.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card