Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE templates

daghighi.navid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was trying to answer this question. It seems to me that the correct answer is B. Is this correct:

What is the primary purpose of a template in the WLSE?

A : A template is used to create a configuration model for Access Points in the network. : FALSE ?

B : Templates push out configuration files to the Access Points. TRUE ?

Thanks !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Navid,

I'm going to go with B as well!

You can think of a configuration template as a configuration update file that you can apply to large numbers of devices at a time. This file might contain the update for only one parameter or a complete access point configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3915/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080527f41.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Navid,

I'm going to go with B as well!

You can think of a configuration template as a configuration update file that you can apply to large numbers of devices at a time. This file might contain the update for only one parameter or a complete access point configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3915/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080527f41.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob.

Yes, B seems best than A.

But Testking's choice is A...

Thanks for "raising the doubt" as we say in French (i.e. there is no doubt anymore).

Regards,

Navid

How exactly does a template push out a config? Doesn't the WLSE actually "push" out the template? The template creates the configuration file.

I seem to like answer A better

I have used templates in the wlse to set the

dot11 holdlist 300

command

I created a template, then applied the template to all my access points. The job you create is what pushes the config to the APs, the template is the saved changes that will be applied.

The template has nothing to do with the actual push, it IS what is being pushed

A is my choice

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matt/Andrew/Navid,

You are correct :) I must admit that I did not read or analyze the question properly :(

The Template of course does not do the "pushing" but rather "is pushed". 5 points for both Matt and Andrew for pointing out this error on my part.(I need to read more carefully and not without enough coffee in my system!)

Take care and thanks,

Rob

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card