cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE - Upgrade IOS on AP

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

Trying to upgrade IOS on AP1200 from 12.2.11 to 12.2.13JA1 using WLSE. The job just keeps running and you have to ultimately kill the job to stop it. Please help!

11 Replies 11

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

What is the error message (if any) do you see in the Job Run Log?

Unfortunately, there's no error message in the Job Run Log, it shows only Running. I looked in error.log and runstats.log but there is no errors. I am attaching a file showing the stat page just before running the upgrade to IOS. I did select Ignore Warning.

Thanks for your help!

Partha

The attachment shows that you're running a VxWorks to IOS conversion job (as seen by the VxWorks to IOS Upgrade Security Check message) not a regular IOS upgrade on the AP?

Sorry, wrong attachment !!

The attachment was for another issue. For this IOS to IOS upgrade issue, I am not seeing any errors, only that the Job Run Log says the job is running. Any ideas, WLSE 2.5 !!

13JA1 is not currently supported by WLSE 2.5, but should work. When you say that the job is running, how long is that?. In the Job Run Log, when you click on Refresh, does the completion %age change?. Have you setup the APs Telnet/SSH credentials in WLSE correctly?

It goes till 100% and then hangs. Credentials are set correctly. I am wondering am I looking at the correct document to upgrade. Please check!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/cscowork/ps3915/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008019dde7.html#1026715

Doc is OK. If the %age complete shows 100% then it means that WLSE was able to upgrade the IOS fine, but most likely was not able to reboot the AP as the last step of the process. Check from the AP CLI to see what version is shows. Also, check to see that you have entered the correct telnet'ssh credentials in WLSE for the AP matching to it's login sequence, other wise that would also cause the job to hang. See: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cwparent/cw_1105/wlse/2_5/ts_gd/faqs.htm#95019 for examples.

You are right, the WLSE upgraded the AP but couldn't reboot it. After rebooting the AP manually, it came up fine with the new IOS. Why could WLSE fail to reboot the AP?

If the telnet/ssh credentials does not match with WLSE OR if the credentials are defined wrong depending upon the login sequence of the AP, WLSE will not be able to reboot the AP. That is why I pointed you to the URL earlier which shows how to enter the credentials based upon the login sequence. It is important.

Actually the login credentials entered are in correct sequence based upon the login sequence.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card