Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE WDS Authentication Issue

lmslattery
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm having trouble configuring a WLSErunnign 2.12 code to authenticate to WDS fpr radio management of around 12 Aironet 1130AG AP's.

WDS is configured for the AP's and they are all registered and able to authenticated clients via LEAP to an ACS server through WDS without a problem. howver I an having trouble getting the WLSE to fully authenticate for radio management. All of the AP's are successfully discovered by the WLSE. the WLSE is configured with Correct WLCCP credentials,Confirmed by Successfully Authentication hit on the ACS server , however when performing an "RM verification Test" on any managed AP the very last item "WLSE-WDS: Authentication test" displays as Failed.

When doing a "Show WLCCP WNM STATUS" the status for the WLSE is shown as "Authenticated" and never progresses past this. I believe this is an authentication state that should eventually changed to "Security Keys Established" if everything is working ok ( As is displayed at other sites I have configured successfully).

The AP's the ACS server and the WLSE are all running the latsest code and there are no Failed Authentications logged on the ACS server.

Anybody have any ideas ?

Thanks

Leon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Then you're likely running into the bug CSCsb47726. See the details for the workraound.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

The correct authentication status should be 'Security Keys Setup' instead of Authenticated. Are you using CiscoSecure ACS as your ACS server?

Yes , I'm using a Cisco ACS Solution Engine appliance running Cisco Secure ACS 3.3.3

Then you're likely running into the bug CSCsb47726. See the details for the workraound.

Thanks a million for that.

I ended up working around the issue by using the inbuilt Radius server in the WLSE express for Infrastructure authentication.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card