Views
Helpful
Replies

Wnm Not Authenticated on backup radius

Julzou59150
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a WLSE with 2.12 version firmware and AP 1210 serie with 12.3(7)JA firmware. I have several site location with 2 radius server (a main and a backup).

When I turn off the main radius server, to make test, all the AP go to the backup to register. But the WNm status stay on Not Authenticated. ow can I do to change the status to Security Keys Setup ?

I hope you understand me. Thanks for helping me.

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Step 1 Browse to the Wireless Services Summary page

Step 2 Click WDS to browse to the WDS/WNM Summary page.

Step 3 On the WDS/WNM Summary page, click Settings to browse to the WDS/WNM Settings page

Step 4 Check the Use this AP as Wireless Domain Services check box.

Step 5 In the Wireless Domain Services Priority field, enter a priority number from 1 to 255 to set the priority of this WDS candidate. The WDS access point candidate with the highest priority number becomes the acting WDS access point.

Step 6 (Optional) If you use a Wireless LAN Solutions Engine (WLSE) on your network, check the Configure Wireless Network Manager check box and enter the IP address of the WLSE device in the Wireless Network Manager IP Address field. The WDS access point collects radio measurement information from access points and client devices and sends the aggregated data to the WLSE device.

Step 7 Click Apply.

Step 8 Click Server Groups to browse to the WDS Server Groups page

Step 9 Create a group of servers to be used for 802.1x authentication for the infrastructure devices (access points) that use the WDS access point. Enter a group name in the Server Group Name field.

Step 10 Select the primary server from the Priority 1 drop-down menu. (If a server that you need to add to the group does not appear in the Priority drop-down menus, click Define Servers to browse to the Server Manager page. Configure the server there, and then return to the WDS Server Groups page.)

Step 11 (Optional) Select backup servers from the Priority 2 and 3 drop-down menus.

Step 12 Click Apply.

Step 13 Configure the list of servers to be used for 802.1x authentication for CCKM-enabled client devices. You can specify a separate list for clients using a certain type of authentication, such as EAP, LEAP, or MAC-based, or specify a list for client devices using any type of authentication. Enter a group name for the server or servers in the Server Group Name field.

Step 14 Select the primary server from the Priority 1 drop-down menu. (If a server that you need to add to the group does not appear in the Priority drop-down menus, click Define Servers to browse to the Server Manager page. Configure the server there, and then return to the WDS Server Groups page.)

Step 15 (Optional) Select backup servers from the Priority 2 and 3 drop-down menus.

Step 16 (Optional) Select Restrict SSIDs to limit use of the server group to client devices using specific SSIDs. Enter an SSID in the SSID field and click Add. To remove an SSID, highlight it in the SSID list and click Remove.

Step 17 Click Apply.

Step 18 Configure the WDS access point for EAP authentication

Thanks a lot !

It solved my problem and it a good lesson to me.

In fact I put my second radius in the Backup Radius Server case in Server Manager page. So it didn't appear in my list of server priority in Wds Group configuration.

Thanks for you help.

Best Regards.

Julien

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card