cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WPA 1200 AP set-up

pelms
Level 1
Level 1

When using a client card set-up with WPA and being authenticated by an EAP-TLS server do you need to set-up anything between the AP1200 and the server. I have set-up a LEAP server and you need a shared secret etc. but i cant tell from the configuration docs whether you need this with the WPA set-up.

3 Replies 3

syanda
Level 1
Level 1

The AP would have to be configured with the EAP-TLS server IP address (they communicate via RADIUS). Supplicant (client) attempts connection via the AP, AP blocks, sends client EAP-IdentityRequest message, blocks until the EAP-TLS process (certificate exchange) completes between Auth Server and Supplicant, Auth Server sends EAP-Accept message to AP, AP closes circuit (802.1x virtual port) to allow verified-client to connect to network... away you go

Hope that helps.

Eric

Cheers Eric i appreciate yor response.

I think i'm nearly there now.

I have enabled EAP-TLS on my win2Kpro client with certificates etc. and i am using the latest ACU (version 6.2) Access Point is set-up to do EAP (BUT NOT LEAP) but i cannot authenticate. I am monitoring the session with AIRMAGNET but cannot see any 802.1x frames. Any ideas would be appreciated. cheers Pete Elms

What does your AP config look like? Remember to take out the passwords/IP's/etc.

Thanks,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card