Views
Helpful
Replies

wpa and wpa2 on the same SSID

maguiluzfr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts!

Can I have wpa and wpa2 on the same SSID available for both kind of users?

Regards,

Miguel

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Miguel,

While you can enable both it is preferred to select only 1 of them, but if you choose to have both enabled I reccomend that you configure them as follows:

WPA - TKIP Only

WPA2 - AES Only

Thanks,

Kayle

View solution in original post

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As mentioned already running 2 security postures on the same SSID can cause issues with connectivity. I tested this over a year ago and i discovered older clients (intel 2200s) and others struggled at times  during roaming and associations.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Miguel,

While you can enable both it is preferred to select only 1 of them, but if you choose to have both enabled I reccomend that you configure them as follows:

WPA - TKIP Only

WPA2 - AES Only

Thanks,

Kayle

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As mentioned already running 2 security postures on the same SSID can cause issues with connectivity. I tested this over a year ago and i discovered older clients (intel 2200s) and others struggled at times  during roaming and associations.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

maguiluzfr
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to both!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card