cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WPA -PKI & PCM350 cards

darren.robinson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi my first post here , gulp here go's...

I have been trying to configure WPA on my 1200 AP & PCM350 card.

Now I can set up the AP fine ,

I set cypher to TKIP

I set the authentication type to WPA-PSK ( ie using a preshared key )

I

But I am at a complete loss as to how I get the card to associate, I can find no options/giudes or general advice on configuring the client side to talk WPA , by this I mean I wish to use WPA -PKI on the AP, but on the client what do I do

please help

despereate an balding fast

Darren

5 Replies 5

derwin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Darren,

You are not going crazy !!! There is currently no version of ACU and drivers that support WPA for the PCM350 this is why it is not working.

Support for WPA in the clients is due out soon, not sure on a exact date though.

The AP's running 12.211JA IOS do support WPA and if you want to test this feature you will need to use a 3rd party Suplicant like either the ones being released by Microsoft or Meetinghouse There are others around also these are just the ones that spring to mind

Hi many thanks for your reply I am releived to find I am not losing my mind, I Have installed XP on a client & have updated XP to take advantage of the WIFI features , sadly it still doues not work. I have tried to find guidence on setting this up , but to no avail, although the microsoft blub stated that it will work provided the card & firmware has been flashed to comply with the WPA , I dont think that the cisco card will talk WPA what soever, , the card is a air-pcm352.

there is no option for inputting the WPA-PKI pre shared key in the windows XP wifi software , only the option for a WEP key ,

there is a tick box , to allow 802.1x authentication for this network , but thats it ,

according to cisco documentation

802.1x authentication and WPA-PSK Client setting.....Enable any 802.1x

authentication method

but where oh where do you put the WPA-PKI key in .

Has anyone manged to do this , I would dearly like your assistance.

Many thanks

Darren

Hello,

Have exactely same hardware, same problem :(

I'm quite desesperate to see that cisco is communicating on their "famous" WPA implementation on their AP and, in the same time, they haven't any Client Adapter with this feature. It's simply incredible from a trademark like Cisco :(

You can try it until "the cows come home"...

You have to wait for Cisco to release the drivers for wpa support like the first reply to your post stated...

Any news about the date ?

I think it takes a bit long ... I know that AP 1100 support WPA, but we have numbers of AP 350 installed and we want go for standard protocols ...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card