cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WPA-PSK w/ TKIP & WDS

rbauer
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have a small number of standalone (no controller) AP's run WPA-PSK with TKIP and use one AP for WDS to enable fast roaming, but without having to have any kind of local or server based authentication ? I don't want to have to define logins for each user, I just want to use a single pre-shared key and need them to be able to roam seamlessly between APs.

3 Replies 3

s.jankowski
Level 4
Level 4

I understand that you want to implement layer 2 fast secure roaming without using a dot1x authentication. If this is correct, then I think you can do the configuration you have mentioned. But, for sure, fats secure roaming, th client and the Ap shuld support CCKM.

jlhainy
Level 2
Level 2

Yes it is possible, it actually works fairly well. Just make sure that your WDS AP is one that does not take a large load connected clients, otherwise the WDS service will be deminished becaues the AP will worry about the clients.

Hello,

Please could you share your generic config for this - particularly as you say it works. I've been looking for ages for example WDS configs for FAT APs.

Thanks in advance,

Julian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: