cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WPA reauthentication interval

zhenningx
Level 4
Level 4

We use WPA and PEAP MSchapv2 with Airespace controller 4.0 and ACS 4.0 server. On the ACS radius logs, clients who passed the authenticaoin get reauthenticaion every 6 hours. Anyone know how this 6 hours interval come from? Is it configurable somewhere? I have disabled the WLAN session timeout at Airespace and leave the PEAP session timeout value at ACS to be default 120 minutes. I expect the WPA reauthentican happens every 120 minutes, but it turns out to be every 6 hours which confusing me. Thanks.

1 Reply 1

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Enter the number of seconds a client device must wait before it can reattempt to authenticate following a failed authentication. The holdoff time is invoked when a client fails three login attempts or fails to respond to three authentication requests from the access point. Enter a value from 1 to 65555 seconds. Refer the following URL for more information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00802085c7.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card