Cisco Support Community
Community Member

WPA2 Enterprise setup question

I have been trying to complete a WPA2 Enterprise setup, and I have hit a wall in troubleshooting. The current setup has two SSIDs, but the users only use one of these SSIDs, and that one is setup as WEP (I know...I know). I have been tasked with getting the users on a stronger security setup, and I thought that the best way would be to have them use WPA2 Enterprise, and they would authenticate to the network using their Active Directory user name and password. 

I have been trying to get the secondary SSID converted over to do this, but I am stuck. I have setup the access point (Cisco 1140) the way that I believe should work, and I have also went through the Radius server (Microsoft Server 2008 R2) and set it up with some suggestions I have ran while researching.

I am hoping someone can see what I am doing wrong, or guide me to setup a more secure connection. My networking/Cisco skills are intermediate so there are things that I miss or could improve on at times. 

I am attaching the config on the access point, and some screen shots off of our Radius server.

The radius server is

SSID that I am trying to configure is AAA

AP IP address

Please let me know if there is any information that I am missing. I will get it to you right away.

Edit - One thing I didn't include was that we don't have a certificate for this. Preferably I would like to set this up without a cert, and just have them authenticate with the user/pass from AD. If a cert is needed though, I can get one. Thanks :)

VIP Purple

Hi Brent,Here is a working

Hi Brent,

Here is a working configuration for similar requirement using ACS as RADIUS server. Hope it is useful for you to get this working.

Pls do not forget to rate our responses if it is useful to you.

Community Member

Thank you for getting me this

Thank you for getting me this information. I will test it out and let you know how it goes. 

CreatePlease to create content