Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3005 VPN contentrator - LAN-to-LAN IP NAT....

Hello, I have a Cisco 3005 VPN concentrator. I have running several LAN-to-LAN VPNs. Currently clients peer from there Public IP address and enter my LAN from the concentrator using there own private IP range. I add a route back to there network (Private IP) to go via the concentrator interface. - This works well. I have a new client whom wants to setup a LAN-to-LAN connection, but they are using the same private IP range as an already established LAN-to-LAN VPN client. What can I do? I expect the internal routing will still work E.G the reply traffic will still hit the concentrator internal interface. But how will it know which VPN to send the reply to? Do I need to setup a NAT on the new LAN-to-LAN VPN to NAT the new clients private IP range and add a new return route to the concentrators interface?

Any ideas? - Mat

1 REPLY

Re: 3005 VPN contentrator - LAN-to-LAN IP NAT....

Hi,

you certainly have to use nating in the case of overlapping internal networks with your vpn connections. Routes for the nated network also need to be set for your internal clients to establish connections to the remote locations. Packets sent from the remote location also need the route for the nated network to find their way back

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content