Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS software product

ktwaddell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I know this is a stupid question, but I can't find for what I'm looking for.

Do you buy the Cisco ACS product, as software to run on your own server or as hardware?

Everywhere I've worked as already had it installed but the current place needs it.

Thanks

Kev

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The current ACS product is Release 5.3, It is available as either an appliance with the software pre-installed or a a software only offering which you load onto a Linux VM. See the product data sheet for details. It states:

"Cisco Secure ACS 5.3 is available as a one rack-unit (1-RU), security-hardened, Linux-based appliance with preinstalled Cisco Secure ACS software or as a software operating system image for installation in a virtual machine on VMware ESX 3.5 or ESX/ESXi 4.0/4.1. "

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The current ACS product is Release 5.3, It is available as either an appliance with the software pre-installed or a a software only offering which you load onto a Linux VM. See the product data sheet for details. It states:

"Cisco Secure ACS 5.3 is available as a one rack-unit (1-RU), security-hardened, Linux-based appliance with preinstalled Cisco Secure ACS software or as a software operating system image for installation in a virtual machine on VMware ESX 3.5 or ESX/ESXi 4.0/4.1. "

Cheers Marvin

I was looking for that page but just couldn't find it.

I just need to find the cost of them for my client

Thanks

Kev

You're welcome. The part numbers are on the Product Bulletin.

You reselller, partner or Cisco account manager can work with you on cost but the list price for the L-CSACS-53VM-K9 (new purchase, software only 500 device license) is US$11,995. Add $3,000 for the appliance-based product.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card