Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Admin Password reverting to default

We have a VPN Concentrator 3000 which was working fine. Suddenly for no apparent reason the admin password reset itself to the default. I can change the password on the Concentrator to anything and it will work. I can write the new config to flash it will say that it's done Ok, but it reverts back to the default password after a reboot. If I change any other settings and write them to flash it works. This only affects the admin password. If I change multiple settings, save them then reboot. It saves everything except the admin password. Everything else is working fine and the users are unaffected. Obviously having the default password is a security risk. Anything I try seems to have no effect. Any ideas as to what's going on, or how I can permanently change the admin password?

• Security Management
1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Admin Password reverting to default

To change the password for the admin administrator user, follow these steps:

Step 1 In the Password field, enter a new password. For maximum security, the password should be at least 8 characters long, a mixture of upper- and lower-case alphabetic and numeric characters, and not easily guessed; for example, W8j9Haq3. (The field shows only asterisks.)

Step 2 In the Verify field, re-enter the new password to verify it.

Step 3 Click Continue to proceed

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn3000/vpn3000_47/quick/guide/gs3mgr.html#wp1051272

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.