cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect 2.4 scripting onConnect, can't get to work

steveeclark
Level 1
Level 1

I can't get onConnect or onDisconnect scripts to activate.

They download from ASA, will work if launched manually from command line (win-xp), and preferences "enable connection scripts" is checked.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No problem, glad I could help. Please remember to rate the posts and mark the question as resolved if you're all set.

-heather

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

saquib.mkhan
Level 1
Level 1

Are you able to email me the scripts ? I have been looking for them

Thanks

They are available on www.cisco.com.

Currently they are under Support>Download Software> Security> Virtual Private Networks> Cisco VPN Clients> Cisco VPN Client Tools> All Releases>AnyConnect>Sample Scripts

hdashnau
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like your AnyConnect might not be able to find or is unabled to parse the correct profile to load that has scripting enabled. Check the event viewer logs to see if the AnyConnect found and is using the xml profile with scripting enabled. If you are getting parse errors, try to use our profile editor tool that automatically creates the XML content for you. The tool should be on cisco.com under Security > Cisco VPN Client Tools > VPN Client Tools and Utilities > Profile Editor.

Once you have the new profile uploaded and applied on your ASA, go to your client PC and remove the old/bad XML profiles.

-heather

Suggestions about Event Log and your previous posting about location of sample scripts was exactly what I needed to solve the problem. Much appreciated! (Like the other user, I hadn't been able to find the sample scripts either.)

Perhaps you can forward both pieces of knowledge to the "AnyConnect Administrator Guide 2.4" document authors to include in the next revision? "Troubleshooting Scripts", p97/3-61 and "Note...example scripts..." on multiple pages.

Thanks again.

No problem, glad I could help. Please remember to rate the posts and mark the question as resolved if you're all set.

-heather

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card