Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect Client Customization?

bldavis
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

We are using Anyconnect 2.3.0254 client + SBL/gina and are looking to customize the client even further to prevent user from Disconnecting from the VPN tunnel.

Basically we have remote users that come in on EVDO using Verizon VZaccess Manager. I have that set to start before login and the VPN as well. All of the works great, but once the user is fully logged in, they can then disconnect from either or both. Using VZAccess manager, I can say the vpn has to be connected, but the if vpn profile does not auto launch completely, it fails. So my other thought is just to block disconnecting from the VPN for those users. I have looked all through the XML customization files for anyconnect, but see nothing for either prevent client disconnect, or autolaunch profile entirely. Am I missing something, or is this not possible? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

bldavis

1 Reply 1

ldardon
Level 1
Level 1

User profiles are created by an administrator and are automatically delivered to a client machine during connection setup. Profiles provide basic information about connection setup, and users cannot manage or modify them.

An AnyConnect client user profile is an XML file that lets you identify the secure gateway (security appliance) hosts that you want to make accessible. In addition, the profile conveys additional connection attributes and constraints on a user.

Usually, a user has a single profile file. This profile contains all the hosts needed by a user, and additional settings as needed. In some cases, you might want to provide more than one profile for a given user. For example, someone who works from multiple locations might need more than one profile. In such cases, the user selects the appropriate profile from a drop-down list. Be aware, however, that some of the profile settings, such as Start Before Login, control the connection experience at a global level. Other settings, such as those unique to a particular host, depend on the host selected.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card