cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect hung on start-up (SBL)

Alar Pandis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi again! When I choose AnyConnect to start-up before login then it does hung on "Checking for profile updates...". (I have latest AnyConnect 2.3.2016.) When I log in wo AnyConnect SBL option and start AnyConnect when Windows came up then Security Alert appear. I have to answer "Yes". So, my guess is that during SBL (Start Before Login) AnyConnect/Windows etc. tries also get over this Security Alert (maybe it does start it, I don't see any other windows during SBL) and ... fails on that. And when I cancel AnyConnect after this failed SBL ... I can't get any further. So, any ideas? How can I prevent appearing this Security Alert question or how can I make it visible during SBL?

More thanks, Alar.

3 Replies 3

Alar Pandis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! Another issue. When I forcefully break this failed login then next time appear "Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client error "Failed to initialize VPN API, aborting." and ... same, can't login. This time only thing that helps ... login in safe mode and switching from VPNGina. This is too bad such a behavior!

Alar.

I just had a user with this error where the any connect client would hang "checking for profile updates". I had the user uninstall the client and then reinstall the client through the ASA. This corrected the problem. Maybe this will help.

daveschmeltz
Level 1
Level 1

I am a network admin for the VA, and I too have had users experiencing this symptom right after the machine wakes from sleep mode. As a diagnostic I had them install the DART tool and miraculously the problem went away. I'm having all my users who are having the problem install DART.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card