cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 not connecting to remote location

Rauchster
Level 1
Level 1

First off, I have never worked with an ASA 5505 before this. I am a computer technician, but not Cisco certified, so I know what I'm doing partially, but not fully.

We have an ASA 5505 box that we have been trying to hook up to a remote IP for a basic VPN connection.

After talking with a Cisco professional at the other end, I got all the necessary information on how to set it up. (IPSec settings, Gateway/Host/Peer IP's, Pre-Shared Key, Protocols and Security settings)

After inputting all settings, nothing is working for the VPN. No connection to the remote peer/host in any way.

The only clue I have got so far is doing a traceroute attempt showed that after the access list lookup phase "(acl-drop) Flow is denied by a configured rule"

There are two rules in place that are set to deny, and they are the implicit rules for the inner or outer networks. They cannot be edited, or removed.

I want to know how to finish the configuration, please. I'm not even sure this is the entire issue with connection either.

If someone who is a little more versed in the ASA 5505 setup could help, would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Follow the troubleshooting steps in the following link. It is an excellent resource.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a00807e0aca.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: