cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Host File Scan on MacOS or Linux

postscript
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get the ASA to see files located on MacOS and Linux systems, but it's so far only working on Windows. I have the 3.3 version of securedesktop and I've put a path for the in the following format:

/textfile.txt

which, I expected to look in the root directory for the file. I've also tried putting the file in my User directory (and changing securedesktop to look for it there) and so far, my logs don't show it finding the file. Am I missing something obvious?

3 Replies 3

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the version of your anyconnect client?

Have you checked the compatibility with this document?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asa-vpn-compatibility.html

Also it could be a privilege issue with the account on the host machine.

Regards

Farrukh

It's the latest version of anyconnect, but I'm not even getting that far because the machine is failing posture validation looking for the file. I see the securedesktop client load and do it's scan (although Safari on MacOS downloads it and i have to run the java applet manually), but I'm beginning to think it's not passing those variables back to the ASA.

Wow, glad somebody answered this for you... I am using anyconnect 3.0, and Hostscan 3.0. I am having the same issue. If the host is a windows PC, great. Mac's dont seem to be working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: