Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

ASA5545x basic config template Best Practice

Hello

I am in the process of making some major WAN/Data Center network changes. As part of that, i am installing

dual ASA5545x's in each DC (2) for redundancy. Please advise on what is best practice for basic configuration on these devices.

sMc
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

If you want a good overview

If you want a good overview guide, there's a Cisco Validated Design (CVD) that covers an ASA setup. See this link.

At the same time, firewall configuration and what you setup depends a lot on your policy and what you're using the firewall for - Internet edge, DMZ, milti-tenant, inter-department, remote access VPN (client-based and clientless), site to site VPN, etc.

Each has numerous options and no prescriptive guide covers them all.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

If you want a good overview

If you want a good overview guide, there's a Cisco Validated Design (CVD) that covers an ASA setup. See this link.

At the same time, firewall configuration and what you setup depends a lot on your policy and what you're using the firewall for - Internet edge, DMZ, milti-tenant, inter-department, remote access VPN (client-based and clientless), site to site VPN, etc.

Each has numerous options and no prescriptive guide covers them all.

Marvin Thank you for the

Marvin

Thank you for the response. I will check out the link. My design is for a dual 5545x for redundancy at (2) Data Centers, each a fail over for the other.

sMc
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content