cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backing up the VPN3005

taagaard
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to do an automated backup of the VPN3005 using scp.

First, I downloaded the source for openssh 3.6.1-p2 ( looks like openssh 3.4-x does not return the correct scp exit code) and compiled it.

Running the command 'scp -oProtocol=1 admin@<ip>:CONFIG /tmp/backup-files' mostly works - but for some odd reason the concentrator sometimes hangs up on me - even when the scp transfer succeeded. Thus, I get a non-zero exit code and my cron-job complains :=(

I suspect that the ssh/scp server in the concentrator is buggy - is there any known workarounds ?

Is there a better way to backup the box - perhaps using the XML interface ?

Thanks ...

/Torben

2 Replies 2

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

Though there are a number of documented SSH vulnerabilities, none of them seem to be related to the problem you face. I guess a save followed by a reboot might be your best bet. If that does not work, it would be a good idea to consider the possibility that one of the SSH vulnerabilities is being exploited on your network. Please see bug CSCdz15393.

I don't think this is the case. This behaviour is seen even on a new installation ( 4.0.3 ) on a test network.

What I am trying to do here is to run a nightly backup job - grabbing the CONFIG file from all my concentrators. Rebooting is not an option here :=)

Again - the problem is that the concentrator drops the connection _after_ the scp transfer has finished. My ssh client then returns an error message, and I have to check manually if the backup was ok.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: