Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Browsing Windows 2000 networks through Cisco VPN 3.6.3

Hi all

I have successfully established a VPN tunnel between the VPN dialin client and my PIX 515 firewall, i can even manually map network drives and browse these, but i am unable to browse the entire network from explorer or gain internet access even though i have pointed the browser at our proxy server.

Do i need additional rules on the PIX to allow both these functions through the VPN.

I am using IPSec with MD5 and VPN 3.6.3 dialin client. any help greatly apprecicated

2 REPLIES

Re: Browsing Windows 2000 networks through Cisco VPN 3.6.3

I have read the Browsing through VPN thread and am wondering has anyone come close to resolving this

Client OS = XP

Win 2k Active Directory domains

Re: Browsing Windows 2000 networks through Cisco VPN 3.6.3

A couple of things to check:

On the Internet connection, under the Networking tab, enable the Client for Microsoft Networks. In TCP/IP Properties, select advanced, then on the WINS tab, make sure Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP is selected.

Make sure the PC you're using for the VPN connection is in the same workgroup/domain as the main network.

I've got these on my XP laptop and can browse a central Microsoft network.

Views
Helpful
Replies