Views
Helpful
Replies

Campusmanager 3.1, unconnected devices are reachable and CDP works fine

Volker Janusch
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

our customer has the following installation: CD-One 4th-edition on Win2000-Server.

The campusmanager does not show all cat2950 wich are connected to cat 3550-12G with enhanced image. Each uplink to the 2950 is configured as "switchport mode access" and one (same) vlan is assigned on both side. I can see the cdp neighbors completely on both switches. But it is impossible to integrate the 2950 into the campusmanager.

Tese devices are presente as unconnected devices with status reachable.

Where is the failure.

Best regards.

Volker

Manager DC-Networking, Automation & WLAN
Logicalis GmbH
1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Since you're using Campus 3.1, are the Cat2950 and 3550-12G showing up with the correct icon on the map?. Since, I don't see these listed in the Supported Device List at:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/camp_mgr/sup_dev/dev_spt.htm

Yes, the Cat3550 are showing up with "?". But the Cat 2950 are out of reach for the Campus-Manager discovery, although these switches are reachable form the CWSI-Server, and cdp works correct. If a device is not supported, at least it should showing up with "?".

Logicalis GmbH

sorry. I had tested all points from this side before.

All configurations are correct and it is possible to reach this devices with CiscoView -> SNMP works. CDP neighbours are correct and I can reach this devices from the CWSI-Server (telnet and ping).

Logicalis GmbH
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card