cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I upgrade directly?

closey
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed the 2nd CD One,but it's ANI Server is down,Now I have 4th CD One,Can I upgrade from 2nd to 4th directly?when upgrade is finished,the ANI Server will be restarted?or I must remove 2nd and later install 4th?

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

You can upgrade from 2nd Ed to 4th Ed. The procedure is listed in the Install Guide in the section 'Performing an Upgrade Installation'. Since you did not mention the operating system, you need to look at the appropriate install guide for that particular OS.

Also as a heads up, CD-One 5th Edition is also now available, but it only upgrades from 4th Ed for now and not any of the earlier versions.

I have 3rd ed installed on WIN2K, but I just purchased an upgrade which is 5th ed. Is this mean I can't even run the software because in order to upgrade to 5th I need the 4th ed? What is the alternative here, can I use the "upgrade" 5th ed cd to do a fresh installation?

CD One, 5th edition supports upgrade from CD One, 4th edition only. Upgrade from other CD One releases is not supported. If you're on 3rd Ed, there's a Data Migration Tool available on CCO http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-cd-one wheren you can use to export the data from 3rd Ed, install 5th Ed separately, then import the data back in use the same tool.

So what you saying is that the upgrade CD (5th ed) can be use as a full fresh installation not just upgrade, right? If that is the case then I can just reinstall everything using the new cd, where I don't even have to worry about doing any upgrade or export data.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card