cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't get Resource Manager Essentials menu in Ciscoworks 2000

eddy-conway
Level 1
Level 1

I loaded CD One Fourth Edition, version 2.0, on a Windows 2000 box. When I checked the application, I was able to see Resource Manager Essentials and its menus -- Home, Administration, Tasks, Tools. I need these features. Then I loaded other tools such as Campus Manager. Now I can no longer get to Resource Manager Essentials menus. Instead, on the left panel, are menus for everything I don't need, and none for Resource Manager. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled -- twice! I reinstalled only CD ONE. I cannot get back to Resource Manager Essentials! Is there some file I should remove so the Apache Web Server will present a different window? When I uninstalled, I removed the entire directory C:\Program Files\CSCOpx, and then installed again, but that did not help. Now the software is useless for me! I want only Resource Manager Essentials, to backup routers and switches and run change reports. Online help doesn't help because it is for .. Campus Manager, not Resource Manager Essentials.

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

What applications did you installed and in which sequence?. Meaning did you installed in the following order?

1) CD-One 4th Edition

2) RME 3.3

3) Campus Manager 3.1 etc?

I installed CD-ONE, then Campus Manager, then Device Fault Manager. I may or many not have loaded Content Flow. I don't know what RME is. Please help me with this! Ciscoworks has been out of production for a week because of the menu problem.

Eddy Conway (808) 282-4422

Sorry, if by RME you mean Resource Manager Essentials, that installed when I installed CD-ONE. At first I installed CD-ONE only and got Resource Manager Essentials. As I installed other applications, I lost Resource Manager Essentials.

If a re-install does not solve the issue, then I'd suggest that you contact TAC for futher troubleshooting.

I got this fixed by reinstalling in this order: CD-ONE, then RME, then Device Manager. Thank you so much for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card