cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Ping accross VPN after RDP connection

jasonbourque
Level 1
Level 1

configuring a PIX515 to support a VPN tunnel allowing RDP(3389)and icmp/ping. The tunnel is functioning properly. When it first establishes I can ping across the tunnel. Once I make a RDP connection I loose my ability to ping, all ping request timeout. A custom software app requires the ability to ping and RDP across this tunnel. I have found no documentation explaining this. Any help is appreicated.

3 Replies 3

Patrick Laidlaw
Level 4
Level 4

Jason,

If you can post your config it would be much easier for us to help troubleshoot.

Is this a Site-Site vpn or remote access?

Patrick

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

just wondering if both rdp and echo request are targetted to the same server or not.

on the pix, do "deb ic t". the output will show the icmp request and reply, so it should shed some light on the issue.

you may also do "sh cry ips sa" in order to verify the encrypted packets, and whether there is any error.

jncarroll2002
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a similar issue with telnet not passing through 1/2 of my 871 pt-pt VPN tunnels. Telnet will occur to the router - but will not pass it to the other side on 1/2 of them... Anyone????

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card