cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat4000-IOS not seen as member of its own vtp domain in CM

nkinfra
Level 1
Level 1

Recently we upgraded to CiscoWorks CD 5 V1. Cat4000-IOS devices are now supported in RME and CM. But in CM Topology Services the Cat4000-IOS devices are not seen as members of their own VTP domain. Instead, each access switch behind the Cat4000-IOS forms a single switch cloud (vtp disconnected domain) and no vtp server is found for that domain.

The two Cat4000-IOS serve as VTP servers and HSRP-Gateways for five access switches (Cat4000 with CatOS) connected via dot1q-trunks to each Cat4000-IOS.

2 Replies 2

bstremp
Level 2
Level 2

This link might be helpful, it has an explanation for the vtp disconnected domain message you're getting:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/camp_mgr/cwsi_2x/cwsi_2_2/gsg_cwsi/gstrbl.htm

I am having the same problem. I followed the link and the document says "A link in a VTP domain is not set to trunk. There are devices in this domain that do not communicate through any trunk." I have checked the devices and they are set up to trunk. In CiscoWorks - topology services, when I run a Logical Discrepancy Report It says the domain is disconnected and it is showing 15 sets. Set one shows my two 6509's, one 4006 & all of the 3524's connected to it. All of the other sets have only one 3524 in each of them. The trunk ports from two of my 4006's to my 6509's are as follows:

interface Port-channel1

description Uplink to C_BCAD_2213_6x_1

switchport

switchport trunk encapsulation isl

switchport mode trunk

no snmp trap link-status

On one of my other 4006's the trunk port is as follows:

interface Port-channel4

switchport

switchport trunk encapsulation isl

switchport mode trunk

description Uplink to C_BCAD_2213_6x_1

no snmp trap link-status

As you can see, they are both set up the same.

Also in Campus Manager, only the 4006 in set 1 & all of the 3524's show up graphically as clients. The two 6509's show up as servers.

All devices are running VTP version 2. The revision number on all devices is the same (10).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card