cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDONE Installation Problems

bmurphee
Level 1
Level 1

After installing CDONE 5th edition on a Win2k box with 2GB, RAM and a very large HD, I connect successfully to the web interface both locally and remotely on port 1741. But when I go to server config-administation-process management-process status I get a critical error saying "There was an error getting process details, sorry!" I could pull up process status via command line with no problem. I go to Diagnostics, and click on Self test ---Create but i get a Page cannnot be displayed error.

I opened a TAC case on this and was told that when I installed CDONE, I should have turned off Terminal Services first. I was advised to rebuild the server starting with the Win2K operating system. I started poking around the log files and found that some of the wording in some of the webserver errors I was getting was also logged in some java stdin, stdout, stderror log files. These log files appear to be a "debug" type log of java errors. But the TAC technician was not able to troubleshoot them and still recommended a reinstallation.

Is there ever really a good reason for having to reinstall the whole operating system? I'm lucky in that this is a new installation. Im wondering what kind of havoc such a remedy would have if I had actually populated data on an active server

1 Reply 1

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

What Win2K flavor and SP is this?. DId you install this as local adminisistrator to the box?.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card