Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACS 5.2

Hi, Is there a way to reset/create ssh login account via ACS 5.2 GUI interface. I've lost the password for ssh login to the device. Unable to reset/login to the CLI mode of the device. Please help.

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think you need to do this from console and it requires a boot from recovery DVD.

See these instructions (taken from 5.1 guide - same thing isn't shown in 5.2 guide).

Anas Naqvi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

To reset another administrator's password:

Step 1 Choose System Administration > Administrators > Accounts.

The Accounts page appears with a list of administrator accounts.

Step 2 Check the check box next to the administrator account for which you want to change the password and click Change Password.

The Authentication Information page appears, listing the date when the administrator's password was last changed.

Step 3 In the Password field, enter a new administrator password.

Step 4 In the Confirm Password field, re-enter the new administrator password.

Step 5 Check the Change password on next login check box for the other administrator to change password at first login.

Step 6 Click Submit.

The administrator password is reset.

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, you cannot reset the CLI password from the GUI. However, you can create a new CLI user or reset GUI password from the CLI ( should have access to console/SSH).

In order to come out of this situation, you can use the ACS 5.2 Recovery DVD to reset the administrator password...thats the only option we have.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.2/installation/guide/csacs_ins.html#wp1078700

Let me know if you have any questions.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Hi Nagamai,

Once you get access to CLI/SSH. You may user the username command to as much as users you want.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.2/command/reference/cli_app_a.html#wp1896348

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card