cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CSM 4.1: delete unused networks/hosts objects

martin.hagmann
Level 1
Level 1

I will delete all unused networks/hosts objects in Cisco CSM 4.2 befor I compare the objects with the entries in our IPAM. Does somebody know how this is possible?

Many thanks for your support.

8 Replies 8

martin.hagmann
Level 1
Level 1

Simple solution:

create a filter "Referenced is false" ins the Policy Object Manager

Hi

I did it , I reduced from 1600 to 800 objekts , but I see same policy groups are left with no usage.

Any Idea why

sincerely Alfred

Hi

You can't delete the predefined objects which come with the Cisco CSM.

Cheers,

Martin

Hi Martin

can you explain more detailed what you mean.

I deleted the objects and after a while 15 min I created the false filter again and find other 200 objects which are not used

and were not deleted by the first "delete run" .

strange

Yep

I had this issue with the service objects. When I created the fliter for the service objects also the CSM predefined objects are displayed. I selected all these objects and choose to delete them. During the delete process CSM stopped to delete the objects by the first CSM predefined object.

I think you have the same issue (for example with the predefined "any" object, if not referenced in your polocies).

Workaround:

- apply filter again and delete the displayed objects (deselect the predefined objects before).

what are "predefined object " ?

coming with the CSM brand new installed system ?

Under the predefined objects I mean objects that come out of the box with Cisco CSM. You can see the difference in the showed icons of these objects. Your defined objects shows an additional pencil in the icon, the predefined don't show the pencil. Refer to the any object and to an object you created yourself.

I found it

Create filter with : find "description" with "predefined"  than only one object found : Any

means "any " is the predefined network/host object

thx Martin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card