Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Security Manager 4.5 Daemon Manager service started and then stopped

edeloscobos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just install Cisco Security Manager 4.5 fresh installation on a Windows Server 2008 Standard R2 exclusive VM server for this application. All requeriments has been validated.

I did not get any errors through the setup wizard, and it finish asking for restart the server to finish the setup.

The problem is that Daemon Manager service starts and immediatly stops, and if I try to start it again it displays next message:

"The Cisco Security Manager Daemon Manager service on Local Computer started and the stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs"

Anyone knows about common issues related to this main service that can cause the problem?

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards.

Eduardo

2 Replies 2

mattleayr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm not sure that I can really help you, but I can verify that on my CSM 4.5 server which is running normally, that service has a starup type of automatic and is in the "Started" state.

You may want to check your system and application event logs to see if there are any messages that could explain why it stopped.

Regards,

Matt

Try resetting the casuser, that solved it for me also make sure all services except the daemon are set to automatic

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\setup\support\resetcasuser.exe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card