Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

CiscoView 5.4 cann't open device view

hi,

I have CiscoWorks 2000 LAN manage 2.1 , with CiscoView 5.4

the problem is I'm not able to see the Cat2950 and Cat6509 at all , when I ask for a view, it gives me [Ciscoview Error] "Incompatibility may exist among device package", I checked the packages' readme, it supports my device.

6509 version is 7.1(2)£»MSFC is Version 12.1(11b)E4,2950 is Version 12.1(9)EA1

I update 2950's package from 2.0 to 3.0£»6000's package from 1.8 to 1.9£»6000 IOS's package from 4.0 to 6.0£»the problem remain.

What problem? what I have to do?

plz help

4 REPLIES

Re: CiscoView 5.4 cann't open device view

Did you update all the patchs for CW2K?

Patchs for CW2K? My CW2k is May 2002 Updates. Is there any patchs?

And, Indeed, I find I have no access to many patchs of products. Why?

Blue

Make sure that you have installed the latest CiscoView Device Packages for the devices in question from: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/CiscoView/cvplanner.cgi

Yes, I do have installed the latest Device Packages. But the result is same.

Error report is :

" Resulting class definition does not exist on server! com.cisco.nm.cvw.devpkgs.cat6000.descriptor

probable cause: Incompatibility may exist among device package."

How do I verify compatibility between device packages?

I checked on CCO, but can't find help. I feel there is no enough resource of the latest Version CW2000.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content